Re: Opinions on window problem

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Opinions on window problem
From: SPYDER62@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:20:28 EDT
In a message dated 9/13/2005 7:00:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
sandhoff@csus.edu writes:

There is  (was) a white nylon spacer that goes under a screw in the
window track that  acts as a 'bumper' to keep the window from going
past a certain point. It  was briefly discussed a few weeks ago.

These pieces fall apart after a  few dozen years, leading to your
being able to crank the window too far up  and/or down. It was
undetermined if new bumpers are  available.

I don't know if  I can cut them from Nylon, will have to find a  supplier but
did make one for my car from 1/4" Plexiglas. It is laser cut and I  just put
it in last week, working find so far. Can make more for $5 ea and will
include shipping in the US, overseas at cost.
I have a photo on the Datsun page of my web site.

rich

www.shepswoodncrafts.com