OT - Nissan dealer invitation?

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT - Nissan dealer invitation?
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 19:45:05 -0500
  Last fall I took my '69 roadster into my local Nissan dealer to see if
they could check out a problem I had with the KA24E that now resides under
it's hood.  The service manager took his time looking over the car before
sending it off to the mechanics.  He then tried to enter my info into their
service computer.  My name and address was no problem, but the program did
not like my VIN.  It accepted 1969 as the year but didn't have roadster or
1600 as an option so the manager selected "Unknown" for Model.  Well, the
mechanics had some fun, but were unable to get their computer to function
with what was left of the 240SX wiring harness.  They were able to test a
few components for me and even though they spent a good 45 minutes under the
hood, the service manager did not charge me!
  Fast forward to today's mail delivery.  I got a nice letter from my local
dealer in forming me that I was a 'preferred' customer and that qualifies me
for a private sale.  (I have never purchased a Nissan from them nor have I
purchased a Nissan since my 1992 pickup.)  The next line in the letter got
my attention.

" Due to recent market conditions, certain quality used vehicles are in high
demand and your 1969 UNKNOWN has been identified as one of these vehicles."

  I wish I could drive my UNKNOWN in there tomorrow just to see how much
"high demand" it was worth!

Paul Kort
Ohio