RE: Knives

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Knives
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:02:25 -0800
        When I was cooking for a living I really liked the J.A. Henckels
4-star line.  They have a 5-star line now which is basically the same but
with an 'ergonomic' grip.  Don't buy the ever-sharp line-don't buy any all
serrated knives.  Serrated knives can't really be sharpened-they are best
for cutting bread, and tomatoes that's it.  Good knives are not cheap so be
prepared for sticker shock.
        I like the 4-star because it has smooth handles (no rivets for gunk
to get stuck under) and a full tang design.  That, and they just felt more
balanced in my hand.

        Daniel Neuman
        Oakland CA

$
$You didn't specify a price range, just "the best in Kitchen cutlery".
$I'm especially fond of J.A. Henckels, which you can find online at
$http://www.chefscatalog.com/.
$
$-- lonestar
$