RE: ot sunbeam restoration

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: RE: ot sunbeam restoration
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:12:18 -0800
I recently drove the mother and father of the groom to their son's wedding
here in Portland, Oregon.  Mother got into the Towncar by entering the left
front door, only to find a lot of stuff right in front of her.  They were
from England.  The same thing happens with large groups of people from
Botswana we see a couple of times a year.  It is good for a laugh by all and
starts the journey to the hotel off on a high note.

During the ride to the wedding the father and I began to talk cars.  He is a
Sunbeam Alpine owner and told me that Sunbeam Alpines are being imported
back from the US by people who want to own and drive an Alpine.  That is
because we have a number of low or no rust cars here, and they are easy to
restore compared to many of the cars still in England.

Sunbeam bodies are made for either right or left hand drive, so converting
one back to right hand drive for use in England is no big deal there.
Conversion kits are readily available.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland