RE: $39.95 Paint Job...

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: $39.95 Paint Job...
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:24:57 -0800
In the 50's, here in Portland, the Earl Sheib TV commercials proclaimed:

"I'll paint any car any color for twenty-nine ninety-five."

That advertisement was run frequently and the slogan still goes through my
head every time I pass an Earl Sheib paint shop.

I am planning to play around with the $50.00 paint idea while I am doing the
body work on Mr. Hyde.  I would like to get him down to at least 2 different
colors until I strip the body and have it painted.  If it looks good I might
leave the low cost paint job on the car when I am finished with the body
work.

One thing I have learned is that I can have the car painted for much less
than I can do it myself.  Automotive paint is very expensive to purchase in
small quantities for just one car.  The last price I found was about $500.00
for materials only.  That is not for metallic paint.  There must be lower
price outlets somewhere, but I have not started looking for them yet.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com