large garages, roadsters, possible move (really!)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: large garages, roadsters, possible move (really!)
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 05:23:47 -0500
may be moving, putting in a bid on a property this week with a 30x60 show
garage. would look nice with 15 or 20 really nice roadsters in it, all
finished out, painted walls, smooth concrete. will make a good shot to put
on a website, kinda like someone I know taking 3 trucks they'd bought for
the business, photo shopping it to look like a line of 20, then bringing in
business based on the "fleet" in the website photos outside the big
warehouse (Big Lots?) turned a 12 employee operation into a multi-million
dollar business inside a couple years and ended up running over 500 vehicles
:-) anyhow, no smoke and mirrors, but would look good to have a professional
looking shop if I want to move it up a few notches. then get dealer tag,
refurbish my Datsun Dealership fluorescent sign and hang it out front of the
shop lit at night (or even inside on the wall) 4 tubes... won't have to pay
sales tax on everything, can write off all the trips to pick them up...any
thoughts on black and white tile floors? folks seem to ooh and aah over
them,  may put in. can't cost that much. won't be oilchanges and greasy cars
in this garage, can do all that at my current location. just feel a need to
be more professional in what I'm trying to do. anyone have any idea how many
roadsters would fit in a 60x100 concrete floor garage? pertinent
question...;-) can build that for around $55k...

could bring in roadsters for sale from around the country and sell on
consignment... like Gateway or others, you put the price on it, if it sells
I get a pre-agreed percentage... base monthly storage, inside and heated,
somewhere under $100 a month. you get free advertising... a lot of folks I
see leaving cars at Gateway or similar seem to price them way high just so
they get the storage at that rate and don't really have any intention of
selling.

will build a second garage that size if I get the property. not as nice a
view as where I live now, but 25 miles closer to where Elaine starts work on
monday and where Tori's best friend who rides horses with her moved last
year. property has a stable too. plan to have someone I know buy it and
lease/option it to me, they get the tax writeoffs and agreed upon annual
interest rate as well as a minimum return of some predetermined amount.
contract states my obligations and price I can buy it at within such and
such a time frame if I make all my payments on time... scrabbling again, but
worth the try... if anyone wants roadsters, this is a good time to contact
me...

Thanks-
Craig Halsted

have photos... ;-)