Re: Oil Leak... :-( don't be too hasty...

To: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>,
Subject: Re: Oil Leak... :-( don't be too hasty...
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 02:27:16 +0000
I've not been following your rebuild, but

often when I pull a head for  a 'quickie' valve job or some such, I spill oil
into the water jacket.  It eventually makes its way to the rad cap, and freaks
me out.

The other part of it is that you can run oil in your water with no real damage
to the engine.  The opposite is not true, as the coolant will kill your
bearings.

So before stripping things apart, make sure there's nothing obviously wrong,
(like no oil pressure) then run it a  bit. If the problem persists, THEN get
worried about it.

As to the filter- if you're seeing pressure at the gauge, that's post the
filter. I'm wondering if something odd like the previous fuel filter thread is
going on here.

fwiw,
Toby

From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>