Re:

To: "DAVID J. PEAY" <djp4@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re:
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:09:01 -0600
David,

Did you pull the smog gear off the engine or is it still in place?

What weights are in the distributor, 7.5 deg or 15 deg? Pull the cap and
rotor and look down below the plate the points are mounted on. Turn the
engine by hand and look for numbers stamped on the weights.

Does the breaker plate rotate freely, or is it notchy?

What are you setting the ignition timing to?

I'll have to do a bit of remembering to see what the answers to these
questions means as to whether you have the correct advance in the
distributor and timing.

Peace,
Pat

--
-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --