Conv Top - Curved/Tapered Bar That Goes Under Chrome Teardrops

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Conv Top - Curved/Tapered Bar That Goes Under Chrome Teardrops
From: "Eric Hankinson" <eric@railpros.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 09:33:23 -0800
Hello List!

The top fitter came by my house this weekend and he determined that this bar
is the only thing I am missing.  I have until Friday to find or make one.  I
know originals are hard to find.  Anyone out there got one they wanna sell?
Rallye's web site says you can make one.  Has anyone out there made one?
How?  I am clueless because I have never had a top and as such have never
seen this bar.

>From Rallye's web site: There are a couple of other items that do not come
with a used frame. One is a curved and tapered bar that is sewn into the
rear of the top. This bar is what slides under the "chrome teardrop"
receivers that just forward of the front edge of the trunk lid. It would
probably be impossible to correctly reproduce this bar as it is curved in
two directions, one of which is so it acts like a spring to hold the top's
shape between the two teardrops. An acceptable look can be achieved however
by using a "homemade" bar or using two shorter ones, one on each side.

Thanks!

Eric Hankinson

1969 2000

302 V8