Re: $25k secured with 67.5 2000

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: $25k secured with 67.5 2000
From: NotMGB <spl310@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:05:40 -0500
 Craig,

Since you brought it up, this is what I wrote.  Am I wrong?

My assumption is you were not thinking when you put this statement in
writing for a few hundred people to see:

don't usually write checks with no funds to back them up, but... no guts, no
glory!!!

 Virginia law is this:

*The crime is committed when the maker delivers (utters) the check*. The
jurisdiction of the offense is where the check is delivered. For example, if
a person who lives in Fairfax County writes a bad check to a merchant in
Alexandria, the crime occurred in the City of Alexandria.

Under Section 18.2-181 and for punishment purposes, a person is guilty of
larceny when the bad check is written. Therefore, a check written for the
amount of *$200 or more constitutes Grand Larceny, a felony* , and a check
written for less than $200 constitutes Petit Larceny, a misdemeanor

So you just admitted to a felony, wether or not the check clears next week