RE: datsun-roadsters-digest V1 #2991

To: owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: datsun-roadsters-digest V1 #2991
From: "robert k. smith" <rksmith46@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 23:21:13 -0400
hi jh, bob smith here. did you rebuild the calipers your self? using new
seals for the pistons?
ive rebuilt a ton of those calipers, and once in a while i would get a
caliper rebuild kit
where the seals were a fraction too large, noticably larger than the old
seals. they were
very difficult to install the pistons in the cyl. with the new seals. and
after assy. and bleeding,
i noticed the was more drag than normal. the new seals should  seem(without
measuring),
to be the same size as the old ones.(just laying them side by side).
                        good luck, bob smith