Re: GPS as a speedometer

To: jones_barton@msn.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GPS as a speedometer
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:01:07 EDT
Works good. Last time I went to a speedo shop to get my truck speedo
calibrated they jumped in with one and we went for a ride. He compared the GPS
the speedo and made a little gear box to do the correction. I also had done a
mile marker to odometer check and his correction agreed with mine. I've used
the  GPS as a speedo a number of times. Mine has a max speed register that is
usually  sitting around 500+ MPH. I take it on airplanes with me to play with
on
the  flight. I fire up the map display and look out the window and try to
identify  things. It's harder than it seems it should be.

keith

In a message dated 7/14/2006 12:38:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,