Re: front brakes

To: Shaun <toolmansj@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: front brakes
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:36:09 -0700
> Looking to rebuild or replace front calipers on my 69 2000.
> I would like to know who has these parts or who does good rebuilds.

Several choices here:

New cylinders available from the dealer or the vendors, last
time I checked they were in the $70 range (times 4). Pros:
OEM. Cons: OEM. They tend to pit and corrode if there's
any brake fluid contamination.

Get yours resleeved with stainless steel or brass. Many commercial
places can do this such as White Post restorations
<http://www.whitepost.com> or Apple Hydraulics
<http://applehydraulics.com>. I'm sure there's several others.