Not sure about the wetness on the top of the battery, but the voltage that you
describe on a running roadster is perfectly acceptable (in fact, that's dead
perfect) for a good working alternator.
---- Paul Bauman <email@example.com> wrote:
> I noticed a few small puddles of water on the top of the battery today near
> the fill holes. I checked the voltage across the battery terminals while the
> engine was running and got 14.6 volts. Is this too high? Is the voltage
> regulator overcharging the battery?
> Paul Bauman
> Wetminster, CA
> 67 1600