RE: Brake lights staying on

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake lights staying on
From: <Ken.Smart@csiro.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:05:21 +1000
I have had the same or similar problem in the past.
In my case the plunger on the switch had made an impression in the
rubber stopper that it is pressed against when the brake is not applied
(most of the time).
The plunger was no longer depressed (just the driver) and the lights
come on as if you had pressed the pedal.
Solution:
Check and replace the rubber stoper if necessary. (I put tape on mine
some years age until I get around to replacing it)
Check that the switch is adjusted correctly. The switch had a thread and
nut so it can be positioned at the right distance from the stopper.
If the pedal is not floppy then it is most likely not the spring.

Cheers
Ken Smart
67.5 sr20de
Sydney Oz.