Bonnet release latch/cable

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonnet release latch/cable
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:18:43 -0700
Hi all.

I have ordered the parts needed to put my motor back together. (We didn't have
to pull the motor thank God!!)

While we are putting the motor back together, I am looking to fix the
broken--but functional--bonnet release under the driver's side dash. My dad has
the handle wired to the cable so it works, but I am worried that this "fix"
will fail eventually.

I have looked at all the part web sites that I know about and haven't found
this part mentioned any where.

So, is this part available? and from whom? (I don't care if the part is NOS
Nissan, or after market as I don't care to deal with the alternative of a
broken bonnet release latch!) And how hard is the fix itself?

Thanks in advance!!

--
Tim
Belleville, WI.