Re: Fw: comment and question (third brakelight)

To: "Tom PRATHER" <tomet9@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Fw: comment and question (third brakelight)
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:39:38 -0800
Thanks for the replies,
You all might think this silly, considering all the mechanical mods I've
done/doing on my car, but I am trying to keep the external (body) stock
looking, or almost anyway, other than the wheels.

I really like the way the brakelights were mounted into the back of the
headrests, nice integration, looks factory done.

The reason I was looking at the chrome trim on the trunk lid, is because I
figured I could get 6 or so bright leds drilled/mounted in there without
anyone noticing till I hit the brakes.

Not that there is anything wrong with a deck mounted brakelight, or licence
plate surround brakelight, but to me it looks like an "add on" which I ain't
fond of. I want it integrated into the lines of/design of the car. My idea is
to make the car faster, and safer, while adding as little weight as
possible........

Daryl
(fussy, nitpicking, procrastinating, son of a.........)
No the EFI ain't done yet!!!!
  From: Tom PRATHER

     I know that you are interested in a high mounted led brake light, but I
saw a custom 40 ford the other day at a local car show and he had a third led
brake light built into his billet aluminum rear license plate surround. It's
actually a custom license plate frame with a 4 inch led light built into the
top of the frame. It dresses up the license nicely. They must be available
thru the internet. I meant to ask him where he got it but forgot entirely.
                    Tom

  Daryl Smith <drlsmith@dccnet.com> wrote:
    I've been thinking about this once in a while too. No roll bar tho, and
    wouldn't it be covered when the top was up?
    I was thinking of putting a few bright LEDs in the chrome strip on the
trunk
    lid. Haven't figured out how yet tho, and too many other projects to get
    it.....

    Daryl