RE: slightly OT: purchasing a non titled car

To: "'Stan'" <stathy@shaw.ca>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: slightly OT: purchasing a non titled car
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:02:08 -0800
BTDT w/ my roadster that I purchased from California. In my case, the new
owner decided to sell shortly after buying (before the paperwork had been
completed). Everything was legal, but it took several weeks and phone calls
and forms and smooth talkin' before Washington State would let me
title/register the car. Not something I'd like to experience again.

In your case, I believe both owners are in violation of Washington State
Department of Licensing laws. The titled/registered owner is the only one
who can legally sell the car and sign the paperwork, or you run into the
mess I did.

You may need to cross the border to discuss it at a licensing station plus I
don't know how Canada DOL will be. You want to ensure you can
license/register the cars -BEFORE- you buy.

Regards,

                    `  ___  '
Pete               -  (O o)  -
Lake Forest Park, WA