Re: my sons moving to Seattle

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my sons moving to Seattle
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 18:50:14 GMT
Bob, Still can't respond to your posted email, so I posted to the list.
One thing he may want to do is to check out how much cars are costing here in
the Northwest, as he may find it is more expensive to buy one here compaired
to just driving his current car(just a thought).  He could also get on
Craigslist.com and search the seattle area for cars.  I've done pretty well,
but you do have to be careful.  He could get a decent deal on a car that is
mechanically sound but maybe is not pretty.  80's era Toyotas are pretty much
bullet proof, especially celicas and corollas.
I'm sure he will do fine!  Seattle is a fairly friendly place.
Greg Burrows

-- 12061997@comcast.net (Bob Ballinger, Muncie,Indiana) wrote:

Hi guys, He is looking on line at a place called Willows Court, 12316 28th Ave
NE. He has been in e-mail contact...Anyone know anything about this complex?
He also told me tonight he was selling his car and going to try and find one
there. He needs a daily driver to and from work.Basic grocery getter out here.
I told him to look around for indivudals that might have an old one to see.
Hate to think about him going into one of those shady lots for a piece of
junk. I'l never sleep..Don't know how close he is to Best Buy North Gate but
maybe the buses will work for a while until he gets on his feet.I may even
come out this summer with my 67-1600 and see what it is worth or give it to
him to fix up and sale...Anyone knows some tips on this complex or another
site let me know. Any info on a dependable old car let me know. As a father it
is hard to see him go this far away without much to start with. So much
simpler when I left home, I had all new clothes and people feeding me and good
food and cold beer. Of course guard duty,KP ect wasn't any fun around Ft.
Lewis but it paid off...I thank you guys for always being helpful on just
about any subject..Please send anything that might be helpful..Open to
ideas...thanks again, bob ballinger 67-1600