Re: [Roadsters] Volvo brakes - Master cylinder options

To: "Paul Souza" <pauljsouza@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Volvo brakes - Master cylinder options
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 14:33:33 -0400
Paul,
You most definitely need the higher volume of a 7/8" bore master to operate
4-piston Volvo brakes.  There's a couple of cylinders on Ebay right now
http://tinyurl.com/ypzawo  http://tinyurl.com/2hw6ps

For the push-rod, you can either swap out the retaining ring/disk/rod from
your existing cylinder and use shims for adjusting pedal height, or scrounge
up an adjustable rod/clevis from a Z-car brake or clutch cylinder.

Be aware that the roadster cylinder uses SAE threads at the flare fittings,
while the Z uses metric inverted flare fittings (not bubble).  This means
you have to cut off the exisiting flared-ends, replace the end fittings with
metric, then redo the double flares.

Mark Sedlack
ZROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH