Re: [Roadsters] manifold question

To: "'oliver'" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] manifold question
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:04:59 +0930
--===============1142057892==

i am putting the intake and exhaust manifolds back on after some
maintenance/renovation.

is there a particular order?  torque setting?

Hi Oliver,
First up, torque values are 10 - 20 ft/lb.
So that would be "tight" using a ring spanner, hardly worth using a torque
wrench!
I advise using a good quality sealant around all the port holes like
Maniseal or a similar hi temp manifold sealant.
I like to see that goop get squeezed out of the joins so I know that there
is enough to do the job.

If your doing this with the engine in the car you will need to be clever in
the order of assembly since there are "impossible to get to" fasteners
underneath the inlet.
I've never done the installation, but....
I'm guessing exhaust goes in first, nip up the fasteners, add the inlet, fit
remaining fasteners.
Then using a 3 year olds wrist and fingers, tighten all the fasteners
starting from the centre and working your way to either end alternately.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!?

8:59 AM