Re: [Roadsters] Chemical protectants

To: "Gregory S. Morrison" <gsm@gregorysmorrison.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Chemical protectants
From: Gary McCormick <gkmcc@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:03:30 -0700 (PDT)
I Armor-All'd the bench seat on my old PL-521 pickup - once. The good news was
that I was certain to use my seatbelt, because the seat was so slippery that
w/o the belt I would have slid over to the passenger-side door on left hand
turns!

Gary McCormick
'70 2000 SRL311-13291
San Jose, CA

"Gregory S. Morrison" <gsm@gregorysmorrison.com> wrote: FWIW when my upholstery
guy pulled the old seat covers off one of my
Roadsters the first thing he pointed out was the backing. The fabric backing
along the seams, and other areas where the stuff was able to penetrate, was
uniformly stained and brittle, whereas the areas that were untouched by
chemical "protectants" were like new. The prior owner had told me that he
had kept the surface areas looking good with frequent Armorall applications.

I've also heard that Aerospace 303 is a good product and I have used it with
good results. I still do use Armorall but on a very, very light basis.

Regards,
Greg
SRL31100494
"Roadstering since '75"