Re: [Roadsters] Donut

To: "'Marc&Heidi'" <mtyler@hctc.net>, "'peter harrison'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Donut
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:53:33 -0700
>From a thread on the 311s.org forums:

So, I broadened my JY search & found that the "donut" from the first
generation Saab 900 (1979-1987) works like a charm. It is thin and of a
smaller diameter than the stock steel wheel + tire.

The only caveat is that it did rub a little on the brake pad keeper bracket
on one side of my car. Those keepers stick out so much; the one on my
passenger front rubs on just about every rim I bring near my car.

So, worst case, if you have a flat in the front & find rubbing, swap a
healthy wheel/tire from the back and put the donut in its place.

I don't know if this merits entry into the "interchange" list on the main
site, but I figured it would be worth sharing. Here are some pics:

<http://www.311s.org/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=310>
<http://www.311s.org/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=311>

I'm psyched to get photo numbers 310 & 311!

Complete thread at:

<http://www.311s.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=456>

Ciao.

Pete