Re: [Roadsters] ZCG Dyno Pics/Videis!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] ZCG Dyno Pics/Videis!!
From: Riaz Abzal <riazabzal@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:02:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Alvin,

       Nice pics/videos of the dyno day...Your 350 sounds nice, what exhaust
set-up are you running?...and by any chance did you get to run the 67 roadster
as well?

  -Riaz Abzal

Alvin Gogineni <gogineni.alvin@gene.com> wrote:
  Good times!!!
Dyno day was awesome. Lots of Datsun/Nissan folks and great weather.
Each car got 3-4 pulls.
This little red 510 wagon surprised everyone with an impressive dyno run:
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2149243410102308741JSedOH

It had a Rebello built 2.3L engine and pulled 137rwhp/128tq!!

Here's a video of the run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxDjg58DIX0

Check this out, I have never seen this before, but I noticed while recording
this dyno run that you can actually see the fuel being atomized in the
carbs!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7XH8eosu0k

Jack and Yolanda showed up in a super-rare '05 NSX:
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2269755530102308741gTLZVt

Here's the dyno run, it keeps on revving and revving to 8krpm!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWR8iOZVgLg

This 2.2L L-series powered dime made 103rwhp/121tq. Timing was maxed out so
an attempt to make more power was unsuccessful after 5 pulls:

Rick's SU-powered auto-cross Z pulled 175rwhp/171tq
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4otAMXjWZCk

Biggest surprise was from Scott Smith Z32TT BEAST. He said it would pull
"almost" 500rwhp on lOW boost, it pulled 543rwhp!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnTPVWKqNpA

After more than a year of sitting at my friends shop I finally presented
this model to my friend, Paul Hooks.
Paul was happy with the model and I snapped a few pics.
We even dyno'd his pretty Z. Now I can say that this model is truly
"finished"!
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2113901360102308741ZnhwGN

The dyno run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sw9fbSoVmY