Re: [Roadsters] help carb and exhaust mounting

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] help carb and exhaust mounting
From: "Mike H." <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:10:37 -0600
I'm sure there might be some disagreement, but I have found what works for
me. I used to use lock washers on the manifolds, and found it unnecessary
(for me, anyway). I have used brass nuts on the two dozen old Volvos I have
owned over the years, without a problem when torqued properly. I decided to
use them on the roadster as well. They work well, especially on the exhaust
collector / front pipe. They don't seize from heat like steel nuts. You can
torque them tight and are still very easy to remove.
Mike Hudson  '67 - Stroker / 5-speed