Re: [Roadsters] Carb Setup

To: ppeters914@comcast.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Carb Setup
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:49:49 EDT
In a message dated 3/25/2008 2:35:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ppeters914@comcast.net writes:

>  Hi
>
> On the intake maifold there are two set screws - one on  each set - i have
been
> told that they are there for  balancing/assessing the intake airflow -
anyone
> aware of the reality  of this statement and the appropriate tools
>
> Peter

On the late cars these are used for smog stuff. On the early they are
plugged. I think they are originally casting holes to support the core.
Recently  I
acquired a low pressure differential manometer and plan to try using it to set
 the carb airflow balance. Like several other projects, I haven't gotten to
it  yet. I might throw it in the kit for Road Atlanta and will have it at
Shasta.

keith

Home.