Re: [Roadsters] 2 pcs Empi ?s

To: 9laser3@bright.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 2 pcs Empi ?s
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:52:01 EDT
In a message dated 4/20/2008 12:34:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
9laser3@bright.net writes:

I'm finally getting around to cleaning up a set of 2 pieces vintage  Empi
wheels I picked up several years ago.  They never would hold air  si I know I
have to split the rims and clean up the seals.  I have new  o-rings to
install.

So, how do the tires come  off?  Can I just pull the rims apart or does it
still require a big  tire machine?

Or should I sell the wheels and go look  for something  newer?

Paul

Ohio

Paul,

    Don't bother, I'll take them off your hands in  June. What's scrap going
for these days? (just kidding) I would think either way  would work to get
them apart. You will still need to unseat the beads but that  shouldn't be too
hard. Putting two part rims back together with the tire and a  tube can be
tough.

    Are they magnesium or aluminum? I've heard the mag  ones tend to stress
crack so they need checked closely when you have them apart.

keith

listings at AOL Autos.