[Roadsters] new to list

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] new to list
From: jim williams <sportsix63@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:11:07 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
I'm a new owner of a 1970 1600 41,000 miles
Couple of questions:
1. Tire size: It has B78x14s. What would be a new
replacement size? ( I like a full wheel well)
2. Best parts source. I need all the hoses(original
ones are still on the car) all tune up parts are
needed. (can a parts place like NAPA be used by
stating the car is a 1600?)
3. Can any of the Datsun SU parts be crossed over to
the British SU parts?
4. The car has a great deal of hesitation when first
starting out. Pull the choke full on it goes away.
But, in order to drive it you need to pull the choke
at each gear change. Too lean??? Doesn't get that much
better when warmed up.
Thanks

  Jim Williams
  Lewisburg, West Virginia