Re: [Roadsters] Stock vs. Modified (was Late car Rear view mirror

To: matthews517@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Stock vs. Modified (was Late car Rear view mirror
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 18:59:44 GMT
Nicely said and very balanced... we all love our cars!  My 67 2liter is
modified, much because it was that way when I got it and I had to work with
what I had.  Besides, I fell in love with the car the way I saw it!  I keep
the U20 because it is a 67 2000.  I modify everything I can to increase its
output because I want the most I can get out of it.  The car does what I want
it to do... what is right for me!  It serves my purpose and my desires to
tinker, adjust, modify, improve, explore, grow, learn and most of all, smile!
My Roadster friends drive everthing from showroom quality 1500s to
supercharged U20s all in the name of good times.  I would not trade my car for
any of them because my blood is literally inside that car.  I'm glad there are
perfect, stock examples of the cars to show how it all started.  I am glad
there are maxed out, supercharged, nitros injecting turbo boosted V6 Corvette
stomping monsters out there to shut up the nay sayers.  I'm glad there are
those in between.  It, like life, is all about LOVE.
So, it is ALL good, it is ALL Roadster, and it is ALL FUN!
See you on the road, sideways.
Greg Burrows

-- "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net> wrote:
Personally, I like stock roadsters. If I were 5'5" and 130 lbs, and fit into
my roadster with room to spare, I'd probably have mine stock. I'm 6'1" and
over 260 lbs. I have made "adjustments".
I've owned several Mustangs. Some bone stock, some "exaggerated". The
"exaggerated" ones were more fun to drive!

In my honest opinion, if you like to drive your Roadster, by all means, keep
it stock. If you like to "drive the livin' hell" out of your roadster,
there's no reason NOT to make "adjustments". Inside every American, there's
a little bit of "hot rodder". It's the culture we grew up with.

Automotive Technology has advanced some since these cars were designed. Had
Nissan decided to put on rear disk brakes, there would be no reason for a
Volvo swap. Had they put in a decent alternator, there would be no reason
for a 10SI Delco swap. Had they put on fuel injection, there would be no
need to fuss with my finicky Solexes. Had they put in electronic ignition, I
wouldn't have a Boone EI. Finally, if they had put longer rails in the seat
adjusters, I wouldn't have 4 extra holes in the floor board! HAHAHA!

A museum piece, a trailer queen, a touring car? They're all beautiful. A
really fast "old school" Datsun that will dust a Corvette off the line and
put a big ol' s**t eatin' grin on your face? PRICELESS!  :-)

All in fun! No offense to anyone!
Matt Smith