[Roadsters] flat towing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] flat towing
From: philip erickson <fj20spl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 21:22:57 -0700 (PDT)
  Be very careful about check to make certian the transmission is in neutral.
I have also seen what happens to an engine (not a Datsun or mine, but a VW).
The transmission "jumped into 2nd" and the high revolutions caused by highway
speeds pumped all the oil out of the engine, before it threw a couple of rods.
Basically nothing usable was left.

  Wire up a light bar to attach to the back of the Datsun and don't forget side
lights.

  I once saw a bus converted into a motor home with a sign on the side, "Car in
Tow".   Nothing too strange about that except that the bus was stopped in an
intersection by an accident with a car that tried to turn left behind the bus.
 The car had run into the towed car.