Re: [Roadsters] Thanks to a busy man

To: solex675@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Thanks to a busy man
From: tminerpcav@aol.com
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:51:47 -0400
YEAH Les!

---- Original Message ----
From: Andrew Murphy <solex675@hotmail.com>
To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Sent: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 12:01 pm
Subject: [Roadsters] Thanks to a busy man

Hey All,

Soon after we got back from Solvang, Shari and I noticed some strange sounds
coming from the rear of the car. A repeating "Wocka Wocka Wocka" that seemed
to me to be a wheel bearing crapping out. So the car was sent to Classic
Datsun Motorsports and within two days I had the car back with two new rear
wheel bearings and seals. I wanted to give a public thanks to Les Cannaday for
coming to our rescue and getting the car back so quickly. He diagnosed the
issue very quickly and when I went to pick up the car, he showed me the wheel
bearing with several balls missing out of it and little pieces of metal that
were sticking out of it. Needless to say, the brake drums were contaminated
and needed to be repalced. Too often, service shops don't show you the
replaced parts and I was glad that Les did.

Les would be the first to tell you that he didn't turn the car around so fast
because he could, but because he is very busy and just does not have the room
to keep the car there for very long. If you have ever been to Classic Datsun
Motorsports then you know that he is a busy guy with restorations, servicing,
and he is also keeps the racing spirit alive with several race cars being
serviced and sponsored from his garage.

So thanks again Les. The car made the trip home with no surprises and it is
good to have her back. I am looking forward to some Summer drives and get
togethers. I have to admit to being a little spoiled as I live less than an
hour away from CDM. I feel badly for those owners who are not close to a shop
like CDM. It is a resource that I have used (and will continue to use) all the
time.

So back on the road and hope to see you out there!

Andrew Murphy
Shari Crawley

1966 1600
SPL311-01013 "Datsa"