[Roadsters] 311's down

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] 311's down
From: "Hall, Phillip B. (MSFC-ED03)" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:20:20 -0500
Hey -

I see 311' is down for maintenance and with a new warning about "not so
nice" posting.

I have not looked at the site in a while and don't know the details -
last time I looked someone was looking at building lower a-arm shafts.

Been busy working on and driving the Roadster - not much time to sit in
front of a computer.  Lost my clutch slave cylinder and like Matt had to
double clutch home.  New rebuild kit at NAPA for 8 bucks and back on the
road.

Hey all you SOLEX guys - So, how loud are your Solex's??  Man, these
things are LOUD!  Not a bad loud, but a cool loud.  At partial throttle
they make a "blunk, blunk" noise and at WOT they wake the sleeping dogs
in three counties.  I need to do the Keith/color tune deal so I can get
the mixture right.  Having a great time sliding around corners this
summer.

Son is home from HI - he is really grown! And a good looking Marine.  He
bought the '66 from me and has been driving the wheels off it.  That
thing is so dependable.  He comes in the driveway with that Roadster
smile a lot!  Now he wishes he had the Roadster shipped to HI instead of
the Z he built (260 with 4.3L).

Have a great day!

Phil
SEROC