[Roadsters] 66 spl inside door latch problems

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] 66 spl inside door latch problems
From: Bill Cole <datrock@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:24:54 -0700
Hi, I'm trying to figure out why on a 66 spl the outside handle will
work but the inside one doesn't. To me, it is as if the long arm is not
moving far enough to release the striker. I used a small mirror and
checked out inside the door and both ends of the rod are fastened and
the rod seams to be looser than the passenger side which works fine. I
know being an spl the left door it gets used more so it is expected to
be worn more than the right side. It looks like on both doors the arm
floats but on the drivers side it floats a little to much.
  So is there an adjustment I'm not aware of or possibly a simple fix to
this problem... last resort.... are replacement parts are needed?
thanks.... Bill