[Roadsters] FW: Re: U-20 water pump question...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] FW: Re: U-20 water pump question...
From: Mark Bregar <mjb8@psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:22:43 -0400
  _____

From: Mark Bregar [mailto:mjb8@psu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:20 PM
To: 'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'
Subject: Re: U-20 water pump question...

'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'

Hey all

1. Can someone please tell me how to get a U-20 water pump apart. Is the
piece for the fan clutch pressed on or threaded. It has a hex head opening
so seems to be threaded, but I certainly can't seem to get it loose. Tried a
gear puller and that didn't move anything either.

2. On another thought, I have been replacing timing chain which had
developed the "death rattle' and I did find the lower chain tensioner in the
bottom of the forward cover. I guess I can be counted as one of the lucky
ones who didn't destroy the engine.

3. If anyone is interested in a 69-2000 remains, I have one in the back yard
that my wife wants out. The chassis is fairly intact but rusty, the body is
very badly rusted, no engine or drivetrain, most of interior gone too. I'm
am going to drag it off for scrap.. Email me directly if interested, I can
give more details. I am in central Pa.

Thanks.

God bless.

Mark J Bregar (mjb8@psu.edu)