Re: [Roadsters] a little help, please, identifying parts

To: "Oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] a little help, please, identifying parts
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:59:55 -0500
Oliver,

The two mystery parts bolt to the inside door edge, behind the the door
opening.  Original tops have a coiled wire running through a channel around
the window from the front of the top frame to the point where the soft top
is secured to the body just behind the door opening.  The coiled wires
terminate in plates which slide into the pieces in question.  The coiled
wire/plate assembly works to press the edge of the soft top into the window
glass from the insdie, helping to seal out the weather.  I'll try to get you
a photo of mine.

Gary Ault