Re: [Roadsters] engine rebuild OT

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] engine rebuild OT
From: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 04:18:19 -0700 (PDT)
my daughter submerged one of those atv's.  she had never driven one, and we
were at a friends place.  their daughter let her drive.  then came up to a
pond, and their daughter said turn right.my daughter turned left.  their
daughter said stop.  my daughter said "How?"then they all went swimming.
changed all the fluids (it blew water out of the spark plug hole when
cranked), and used ether i think to clean the moisture out of the carbs.  it
ran fine after that.now, if they cranked it with the spark plugs in place with
water in the cylinders, water doesn't compress, and they may have serously
damaged the engine.so, first try change all the fluids, clean out the carbs,
and see what happens.  good luck! John