Re: [Roadsters] 67.5 1600 electrical issues

To: "'Datsun Roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 67.5 1600 electrical issues
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 09:44:36 -0800
Guess I should have elaborated....

The reason I said bridging the ammeter with just wire was a bad idea was
because, although not designed that way (I hope!), the ammeter already acts
like a 30A fuse. If you only jump it with a wire, you remove that minimal
bit of protection. This is fine for a temporary fix to get you home, but we
all know how temporary fixes become permanent.

Not a problem if a fuse is added to the alternator output as you stated.

HTH

Pete