Re: [Roadsters] Gearbox breather

To: Marc Tyler <mltyler@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Gearbox breather
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 13:07:22 -0600
Marc,

Did you ever get a reply to this email?  I recall seeing someone on eBay
selling replacement breather, but I don't remember who. My machine died
last week and I lost what might have been a URL for them.

Having said that, when I rebuilt my transmission years ago I also had a
broken transmission breather.  I found a plastic fitting at a local
parts house that fit the hole in the trans and ran a piece of tubing
that fit the fitting to a union that would match the small tubing to a
larger size. I added several inches of larger (3/8"?) tubing and put
some cotton wadding into it, with a couple pieces  small wire to keep
the cotton from moving around or falling out. Last time I checked it was
still there and the hole was large enough that the dirt dauber wasps had
not sealed it up.

Peace,
Pat