[Roadsters] OT: Highway of Heroes - a View from Inside

To: <Datsun-Roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Roadsters] OT: Highway of Heroes - a View from Inside
From: "Bubba" <bubwin@mts.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:31:19 -0600
Sorry off topic, but needs sharing!

Those of you from the USA are always good to share things like this with us in
Canada.  Your country always shows a degree of pride that we Canadians truly
envy.

We, like the USA, are a proud nation, but for some reason are reluctant to
show or share it.  Some say it's our politeness in not wanting to be placed in
the spotlight.

This however is one I feel compelled to share, for we feel pain and loss as
your country does whenever a Soldier is lost.

Here's hoping our Countries will soon not have to hold any of these types of
ceremonies, and our collective troops and loved ones can and will all safely
be brought home.

Bob Winslade
1966-1600 Missy
1967-1600 Bender
1972-510 Missy
1972-510 Spare Change

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

      Just too important not to pass along.

                      A view from inside the repatriation on the highway
of heroes. What an outpouring of love and affection
for our troops who made the ultimate sacrifice so we
may live in a peaceful coexistence. God Bless. May
they rest in peace.

                      I am always moved as people continue to line the
highway in spite of terrible weather.

                      Please read before looking at the pictures.

                      For those of you receiving this from outside of
Canada. When a peacekeeper (Canadian Soldier) is
killed in the line of duty, he is flown to a
military air base close to Toronto . The body(ies)
are then transported to the Coroners Building in
Toronto for examination, then released to the
family.  The highway between the air base in Trenton
Ontario and the Don Valley Parkway in Toronto has
been renamed the Highway of Heroes in honour of the
peacekeepers.

                      Emergency Service workers and Citizens line the
route to pay tribute to these men and women who die
in the service of Canada .

                      These pictures taken are from several of the
repatriation ceremonies that have taken place. They
were taken from a vehicle in the procession.

                      It is a very moving experience to see this event and
is seldom a dry eyed event. The families of the
fallen respond to the people on the bridges as they
pass.

                      Please remember to wear red on Fridays

                      Ride Safe...Ride Sure,

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/vnd]