Re: [Roadsters] Oil pan removal

To: ljordan704@netscape.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Oil pan removal
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 16:31:39 -0800
Linda,

Just drain the oil and remove the bolts and nuts and it will drop
straight down with nothing in the way.  The gasket may be stuck and
need some persuasion to come loose.

I once removed a pan with the oil still in it because I had changed
the oil pump and then there was no oil pressure.  I had installed the
oil pump gasket backwards at about 8:00 pm the day before leaving for
Shasta on the first trip the car made after sitting for 12 years.  I
reinstalled the pan with the oil still in it.

Stan
=