Re: [Roadsters] oil pan removal, part deux- gasket

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] oil pan removal, part deux- gasket
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 01:13:19 -0800
Linda,

As to the gasket, the original gasket is cork.  You can get one from your
friendly Nissan dealer, either automobile or forklift.  When I purchased a
pair of gaskets I priced both.

Automotive was just under $18.00 for one gasket.
Forklift was about $2.84 each if I remember correctly..... I bought 2 and
still have one on the wall.

For your R16 engine the H20 forklift engine has everything you might need in
the block.  The camshaft and head are different between the two engine
models.  If you can get the forklift dealer to sell you the parts (some
won't for some reason) you can save a ton of money on a rebuild.  Put an H20
crank in and you have a 2 liter R16.

There is an H20 parts list in the tech page of datsun2000.com

Tom
Datsun 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com
http://nowroc.org

On 1/30/2009 6:41:43 PM, ljordan704@netscape.net wrote:
> How about the gasket?? Is the cork one OK?? How about the nitrile (sp?) I
> know you can't overtighten (3-5) and some say start in center and then
move to the end. Also some use silicone and some use hylomar. ....Anything
else?