[Roadsters] Cooling issues

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Cooling issues
From: Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:34:48 -0700
Hi all,

I'm having some cooling issues and wanted to get some feedback/opinions...

My car is a 1600 stroker.  Runs at 180 at night, when the air is cool.

In the day, cruising, it's about 195.

At idle, stuck in traffic, it can get up to 210 degrees.

I've got the 160 degree thermostat in it.

Has anyone used the aluminum radiators that are out there?  If so, did
they bring the overall temp down?

Also, what about removing the stock 4 blade metal fan and putting in an
electric fan?

Anyone done that?  either or?  Perhaps both?

I'd like to lower that temp if I can....

Eddie