Re: [Roadsters] SU air filter housing bolt size

To: <Keith0alan@aol.com>, <ppeters914@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] SU air filter housing bolt size
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 20:59:07 -0500
I couldn't find a listing for the three ordinary bolts which secure the back
of the air filter housing to the carburetors, but I do know the size of
those on my carbs.  However, Nissan lists only one of the "nut-bolts" into
which one of the wing bolts threads, and it is 8mm x 1.25, as are the wing
bolts themselves.  From this I infer that all the 2000 SU carbs had metric
fasteners.  This seems logical, since I believe '67-1/2 is when Nissan went
generally metric.