Re: [Roadsters] Tow Strap Advice

To: "Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Tow Strap Advice
From: Bob Dicke <rtdengr@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 9:11:53 -0700
I've towed roadsters by using a tow strap with a snap hook on one end. Snap the
hook around the sway bar on the outside of the support tower. Tow slowly. For
non emergency stops let the roadster driver apply the brakes and stop both
vehicles. That prevents running over the strap. It also keeps tension on the
strap so that when you start out again the tow vehicle does not jerk the
roadster.
Bob

---- Dewey Hahlbohm <hahlbohmd@earthlink.net> wrote:
When transporting my roadster by trailer, I run the chain around the front
crossmember. Works well when the chain and chain binder is then secured to the
trailer. I do not know if towing would cause the chain to rub the front
valence, it might. Another probably better option is a nylon tow strap also
secured around the front cross member. Good luck, Dewey
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $16.00
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive