Re: [Roadsters] maybe I am not naming this part correctly???

To: Richard Brown <reblues@gmail.com>, "datsun-roadsters:
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] maybe I am not naming this part correctly???
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 9:11:55 -0700
The ignition resistor is the three inch long part that mounts under the coil.
That is the part that I thought was the radio noise supressor.

I have not been running the ignition resistor as a result of this (self)
confusion but the car has been running fine with out the ignition resistor.
Should I put it back on the car?

Tim

---- Richard Brown <reblues@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
I thing the condenser mounted above the coil was a radio noise suppressor.

Richard

>I am talking about/referring to the little cylinder looking part that
>mounts right above the coil.
>
> I cannot find a part number for it in any of my books or online.
>
> Is this piece a condenser? Or considered part of the coil.
>
> Thanks
>
> Still clueless in WI
> Tim
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net