Re: [Roadsters] condenser

To: "'Tim'" <tputland@charter.net>, "'datsun'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] condenser
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 14:17:15 +0930
 Tim, don't get too hung up on a genuine P/N for the noise suppressor.
Any Car Audio shop will have these if you want to fit a new device.
However they are usually only fitted to the coil with the Kettering [points]
type ignition.
You should have a suppressor fitted to the Alternator output terminal as
well.
This device will stop brush noise and whine from interfering with your car
HI-FI.
If you have no HI-FI then you have no requirement ; )
Your high RPM miss may very well be the coil.
See if you can beg, borrow or steal one just for testing.

"Yes, thanks. I finally figured it all out. I don't need, what turned out to
be, the radio noise suppressor. When I installed the EI dizzy, there was no
mention of that part.

If you look at the shop manuals and part books (I have several), the part I
was worrying about is SHOWN, but there is no part number listed. Any one
have a book that shows this part with a Nissan number?

I still have the same issues going on by the way......

Tim"
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $16.00