Re: [Roadsters] Sr20DE swap???

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Sr20DE swap???
From: Michael Spreadbury <michaelspreadbury@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:13:48 +0000 (UTC)
Chas,

You can put either a 5-speed or 6-speed manual transmission behind the
SR20-series engine, and there is an automatic version as well.

We have done all three into roadsters.

5-speed: Best fit for a roadster-- the shift lever comes through the 1600
shifter hole, the 5-speed hole will need to be modified (easy). There are two
versions, a non-turbo (.85 overdrive) and turbo (.75 overdrive). With the dust
shield removed, the 4-speed roadster driveshaft's yoke matches the SR20 gear
box.

6-speed: A great driver's transmission as it adds an extra gear between 1-5th
gear. 6-gear is an .75 overdrive. You will need to modify the X-frame and the
transmission tunnel on the right side as the transmission is physically wider
and 10mm longer than the 5-speed. The 6-speed uses a unique yoke on the
driveshaft (though it is the same as a US-spec 240SX automatic)

Automatic: The automatic requires extensive modifications to the X-frame (we
totally rebuild it) and the same modifications to the right side of the
transmission tunnel. I would not recommend this modification, but if you are
after a cruiser, it might suit your needs.

If you have specific questions, or want more info, feel free to visit us at
www.spriso.com for SR20 fitment kits into roadster chassis, and other
conversion parts.

Michael Spreadbury
Spriso Motorsports