Re: [Roadsters] Rear Sway Bar

To: "'Roadster list'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Rear Sway Bar
From: "Walter Peterson" <Walter.Peterson@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 20:17:17 -0700
I second this; It will cause excessive oversteer.  It's a fun learning
exercise though. But spend your time on better brakes. :)

I tried a small Addco rear swap bar 20 years ago.  I remade the install
hardware and fit it between the frame and the springs (hoop over the drive
line).  It was a pretty package that indeed made the rear end step out more
than anyone wants.

It didn't go to waste though. I installed it on the rear of my L20B/SUs/SSS
510 wagon to complement the bigger front bar, a set of stiff KYB shocks &
solid adjustable front A-arm bushings made it handle like it was on rails. I
wish I hadn't sold that car.  It just needed everything else.

Walt Peterson
(It's been a while)