[Roadsters] Where to repair my hard top?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Where to repair my hard top?
From: "Walter.Peterson" <Walter.Peterson@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 13:14:39 -0800
Yep, ok winter is coming. I need some wet weather protection. Both my soft
top & hard top need severe help. I have no storage garage at this time.
Living on West Camino Cielo in Santa Barbara has been great for the daily
drive and the morning & evening views.
However, I got complacent and left my hard top resting on top of, but not
attached on my car overnight.  Next day I found that gusty winds had taken
the top and bounced it 50 feet across our gravel covered parking lot, but
not down the cliff areas where I live.

The 45 year old Dynaplastics hardtop has split along several bond line/edges
and the newish rear window had popped out but not damaged.
There is an amazing amount of loose resin chunks rattling around inside the
hollow top portion now and I can get some of it to pour out an opening if I
stretch it far enough. (Hard to do while holding it in the right position by
yourself.)

I took it to a one man surfboard shop where a guy with a government
sponsored blinking ankle bracelet said he could re-bond it together for me
and even spray some foam up into it to insulate it if I wanted. But that I
would have to finish splitting the two halves apart so that he could clean
up the loose resin chunks and gently grind two new mating surfaces all
around to ensure a good job.

If I had the shop space I would probably do the whole job myself.
Or I could ask the ring where to take it, and who has all of the seals
needed to restore this lovely gem?

Walt Peterson
Santa Barbara
20R Street Racer