Re: [Roadsters] 1600 tuning issues

To: Tim <tputland@charter.net>, "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 1600 tuning issues
From: Roy Haslett <hrhaslett@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:56:58 -0800 (PST)
 From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
To:
datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Sent:
Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 1600 tuning
issues

I have (as usual) nothing new to add. But, I will echo what others
have said as well as Paul below. And also add that my running issues got worse
and worse on my tired 1600 as the exhaust leak at the manifold got worse.
Still waiting on my machinist to finish the head on my stroker. One step
forward, two steps back.....sigh

tim

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Paul
Kort wrote:

> Even on the race R16s, spinning up to 8000 rpms, we never had a
timing
> chain jump.
>
>   back to basics, set the valve clearance, set the
ignition timing, then